Jackson Browne – Running On Empty
Today’s Quote: “There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum. It’s breathtaking. I highly suggest you try it.” — Dr. Evil, in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
I’ve intended to use that subject line for the last three entries and then changed it at the last moment. This morning I find myself wondering if Kansas is worth revisiting, again. Kansas is a state and I’m sure it’s a very nice state although I’ve never actually set foot in the state of Kansas. I’ve referred to Kansas as a state of mind, metaphorically speaking, with no disrespect for Kansans intended. As a metaphor it references the flatness Kansas is known for; it goes on with no significant peaks or valleys. Well, you get the idea. When you have to explain a metaphor, it tends to lose its meaning. Oh, never mind.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Who are Ad Rock, Mike D, and MCA? A) The Beastie Boys B) Public Enemy C) 2 Live Crew
2. Brian Setzer, of the Brian Setzer Orchestra, was in what band? A) Matchbox 20 B) The Stray Cats C) Duran Duran
3. Which group, founded in San Francisco in 1965, sang about white rabbits? A) The Mamas & The Papas B) Jefferson Airplane C) Peter, Paul & Mary
4. Which of these Beatles songs, written by Paul McCartney, protested the meddling of Yoko Ono in the band? A) Let It Be B) Revolution C) Get Back
5. Who wrote and recorded the 11-minute Funeral For A Friend / Love Lies Bleeding ? A) Elton John B) The Who C) Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Dominatrix of State
Beat me, whip me,
Make me join the Republican Party.