Summarized from: 7 Truths for Lasting Weight Loss
- Weight loss comes from a place of self-love. It is not a war on the body.
- Address the energetic aspects of weight loss. What emotional needs are being fulfilled by the extra weight?
- Manage and reduce stress. Be gentle on your body.
- Any changes you make are made for life. Being healthy and being overweight are both lifestyle choices.
- Eat fat to reduce fat; healing is done with whole foods. Increase your intake of healthy fats while reducing your intake of carbohydrates.
- Don’t neglect digestive health. Warm, protein-rich breakfast and cooked, easily digested foods.
- Weight loss is a side effect, not a primary goal. Simple changes to create a healthier overall lifestyle.