We always have choices and we make them every minute of every day. Every action we take, every word we speak, every thought we think, is a choice.
We can choose…
- to be empowered or to be victims.
- to love or to hate.
- to be free or to live in fear.
- to do what is right or to do what is convenient.
- to open our hearts or to close our minds.
- to gain knowledge or to remain ignorant.
- to feel empathy or to feel indifference.
- to be who we are or to be what others want us to be.
- to accept change as inevitable or to stubbornly cling to the past.
- to live in the light or to cower in darkness.
- to walk your own path or to blindly follow one laid out for you.
“Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.” — The Buddha
“Question everything.” — The Science Channel