Here are some probing questions accompanied by answers. Some of the answers will be truthful, others will be outright lies, and the rest will fall in between somewhere.
- If you ran the fortune cookie factory, what message would you make sure gets put in a cookie?
Calvin say “Things are never so bad they can’t possibly get worse.”
- What is the dumbest thing you’ve ever done?
I’ve done so many dumb things in my life for which I have surely been punished. But the dumbest has to be turning to the Dark Side. I will always regret that.
- If a magic genie told you your calories wouldn’t count for 24 hours, would it change what and how much you ate that day?
No, it probably wouldn’t. I’ve been changing my attitudes about food and nutrition and I try to watch what I eat. For me, the enemy is carbohydrates and sugar, not calories. By limiting carbs, the calories tend to take care of themselves. At least that’s been my experience.
- If an online psychic warned you not to leave home, would you cancel plans to attend a party? Would you refuse to date someone with a clashing astrological sign? In short, do you believe?
I don’t doubt that there are people who have genuine psychic abilities but these people aren’t generally making a living as online or 1-900 psychics. There may be something to astrology but I don’t put much stock in it. I believe we are responsible for our destinies, although the destinies of others do affect us and even karma may play into it. Ultimately, we have final responsiblity for our lives.
- If someone discusses UFOs at a party, do you assume they’re a visionary or bonkers? Do you consider yourself a believer or a skeptic?
Bonkers, skeptical. I don’t discount the possibility or the probability that there may be intelligent life out there somewhere and they may have visited Earth. I think it’s rather arrogant to think we’re the only intelligent life in the universe. Still, I have difficulty believing the UFO conspiracy theorists. I’m still waiting to see some real, irrefutable evidence.
- On a scorching day, do you prefer the beach or an air-conditioned movie theater?
It might depend on what was playing at the theater. If there was a nude beach I could visit, that’s where I’d go. Over this past summer I’ve found air conditioning to be less comfortable than I’d been led to believe. I prefer to allow my body to cool itself naturally whenever possible.
- Do you prefer to spend a three-day weekend chilling at home or hitting the road?
I usually spend three-day weekends at home although I don’t necessarily spend the time chilling.
- What computer accessories and peripherals can’t you live without?
USB flash drives. They are great for backing up and transferring data and for installing software. I love them.
- What’s your best tip for a beautiful body?
Accept your body with all of its flaws and imperfections, do what you must to keep it healthy, and keep it unclothed as much as possible. Your epidermis, all of it, needs to be exposed to fresh air and sunlight to function properly.
- What was your first job?
My first job was working as a farm hand during the summer while in high school. I shoveled shit, spread shit, raked hay, baled hay, put up fences, herded cattle, retrieved calves, just about any chore done on a farm. It didn’t pay much but it was the most satisfying job I’ve ever held.