Song: Authority Song
Artist: John Mellencamp
Today’s Quote: “I fight authority, authority always wins” ~ John Mellencamp, Authority Song
I see a Naked Saturday on the horizon. I certainly need one as the stress has been incredible lately and I can’t think of anything more relaxing and de-stressing than lying in the sun, floating in a pool, sitting in a hot tub, or sitting in a sauna, nude, of course. Paradise Gardens is having an open house this weekend so it looks like a golden opportunity.
Why English Is Hard To Learn
You’ve gotta admit, its a pretty stupid language. Id hate to be a foreigner trying to learn it. Here’s 21 reasons why English is a pain in the ass.
1. The bandage was wound around the wound.
2. The farm was used to produce produce.
3. The dump was so full it had to refuse more refuse.
4. We must polish the Polish furniture.
5. He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7. Since there was no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9. When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10. I did not object to the object.
11. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12. There was a row among the oarsmen on how to row.
13. They were too close to the door to close it.
14. The buck does funny things when does are present.
15. A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
16. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18. After a number of injections my jaw got number.
19. Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
20. I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
21. How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
I saw something on the news this morning about Paris Hilton running for President. Is she old enough? From what I caught, her platform is essentially that she’s hotter than John McCain. She’s got a point there. What’s the rest of her platform? Oral sex and flashing? Honestly, I wouldn’t elect her president of her own fan club. But what do I know about politics?
And why do I have a problem with authority?