Song: If It Makes You Happy
Artist: Sheryl Crow
Album: Sheryl Crow
Today’s Quote: “The Internet is so big, so powerful and so pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.” ~ Andrew Brown
I read this somewhere recently: “Few things in life are more satisfying than seeing your own children have teenagers of their own.” We’ll see in a few years.
Rick Romig’s Weblog is on the Internet. Yeah, another place for me to rant and rave, offend people, and try to enlighten them. So far, I’ve imported my genealogy blog from Blogger so genealogy will be a big part of this new blog. I want to keep the tone a bit on the serious side but not too serious. There will probably be posts about life, love, family, good times, and maybe reminiscing.
This evening I did battle with the fine folks with ATT-Yahoo tech support, wherever they are. I called the phone support number and after several minutes of speaking to their voice response system, I actually got the ear of a live human being who native tongue was more likely Spanish than English. He couldn’t help me and while passing me over to 2nd level support, lost the connection.
I tried my luck with the online chat support. There Imelda was very helpful and seemed to understand the problem. She said she tweaked the restrictions for my account on the SMTP server. After rebooting everything (not sure why but I decided to humor her), I sent some test emails to my various accounts and they seemed to have gone through although I’m not absolutely positive whose SMTP server I was using.
For now it seems to be working and I’ll be keeping an eye on it. Isn’t technology wonderful? Of course, SMTP is actually stone age technology.
The human body is a machine that is full of wonder. This collection of human body facts will leave you wondering why in the heck we were designed the way we were.
1. Scientists say the higher your I.Q., the more you dream.
2. The largest cell in the human body is the female egg.
3. The smallest is the male sperm.
4. You use 200 muscles to take one step.
5. The average woman is 5 inches shorter than the average man.
6. Your big toes have two bones each while the rest have three.
7. A pair of human feet contain 250,000 sweat glands.
8. A full bladder is roughly the size of a softball.
9. The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades.
10. The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica.
11. It takes the food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.
12. The average human dream lasts 2-3 seconds.
13. Men without hair on their chests are more likely to get cirrhosis of the liver than men with hair.
14. At the moment of conception, you spent about half an hour as a single cell.
15. There is about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.
16. Your body gives off enough heat in 30 minutes to bring half a gallon of water to a boil.
17. The enamel in your teeth is the hardest substance in your body.
18. Your teeth start developing (in your gums) 6 months before you are born.
19. When you are looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate, they do the same when you are looking at someone you hate.
20. Blondes have more hair than dark-haired people.
21. Your thumb is the same length as your nose.