Today’s Quote: “The media have become the mainstream culture in children’s lives. Parents have become the alternative. Americans once expected parents to raise their children in accordance with the dominant cultural messages. Today they are expected to raise their children in opposition to it.” ~ Ellen Goodman, Boston Globe columnist
Song: Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Artist: Neil Young with Crazy Horse
Album: Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Random Thoughts That Just Wandered In From the Cold
– Fathers Against Rude Television. That’s an organization I might join. (Futurama)
– Interesting observation on the modernization of India — who do they call for tech support? (Colbert Report)
– A megafonzie is a unit of measurement for coolness. (Futurama)
– Seen in a French naturism video, a nude ball pit. Sounds like great fun for kids of all ages, probably a very interesting tactile sensation. I suppose Chuck E. Cheese would have a problem if I was to test this hypothesis. The giant rat talks a lot of fun but is he really a prude? Why shouldn’t nudist kids have birthday parties in the House of Cheese?
– How about a birthday party where everyone must wear only their birthday suit? That seems appropriate. (Party hats will be acceptable attire.)
-The Jehovah’s Witness Protection Program
View from my front door today.