Today’s Quote: “It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.” ~ Voltaire (1694-1778)
(I didn’t think I was safe.)
Song: I’ve Always Been Crazy
Artist: Waylon Jennings
Album: I’ve Always Been Crazy
Sample lyric: “I’ve always been crazy but it’s kept me from going insane.”
February continues to suck and will quite probably suck all the way to the bitter end. The estimate to fix the wipers is $650. I knew it wouldn’t be something simple and inexpensive. There goes more than half of the tax refund. I’ve roughly figured that after fixing the van, paying the state and city taxes, registering the vehicles, and bringing the savings account back up to the minimum balance, we’ll have about $35 left which will probably end up in my gas tank.
But it doesn’t end there. Oh, no! On my way into work this morning I noticed a cold draft blowing against my right leg. The temperature gauge indicated that engine was operating at it’s normal operating temperature yet, I was feeling cold air. Normally, after a few minutes with the heat cranked all the way up I have to back it off considerably or strip down to my birthday suit. Trust me, there was no nude driving today. Great, just what I needed. How much is that going to cost me? I just know it’s no going to be cheap. Of that, we can be sure. (After doing a bit of research it may not be so bad. It might be something as simple as flushing the heater core.)
Great Clips® is having a $4.99 haircut special so yesterday I decided to take advantage of it. I also happened to have five bucks in my wallet. I should have expected there would be a bit of a wait but I really didn’t mind too much. I had my handy little notebook with me so I passed the time writing things down that came into my head, even a few items not influenced by the voices. Whether or not any of it will find its way into a blog or journal remains to be seen but I’m thinking probably not. But anyway, my head feels several pounds lighter now. Should I go with Grecian formula or something? Last week someone said my gray hair looked distinguished. Anyone else have that opinion? Grandfatherly is the only positive thing about the gray that comes to my mind.
I’ve noticed that when doing nude aerobics in front of a mirror, one can really see the fat jiggle. Maybe that’s the purpose of baggy workout clothing, so we don’t have to see it jiggle.
The wisdom of Larry the cable guy……
1. A day without sunshine is like night.
2. On the other hand, you have different fingers.
3. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
4. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
5. Remember, half the people you know are below average.
6. He who laughs last thinks slowest.
7. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
8. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.
9. Support bacteria. They’re the only culture some people have.
10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
11. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.
12. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
13. How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand.
14. OK, so what’s the speed of dark?
15. When everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
16. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
17. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?
18. Eagles may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines
19. What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
20. Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?
21. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, “What the heck happened?”
22. Just remember — if the world didn’t suck, we would all fall off.
23. Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
24. Life isn’t like a box of chocolates. It’s more like a jar of jalapeños. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.