Let there be pie and mute


Song: God
Artist: John Lennon
Album: John Lennon: Plastic Ono Band
Year: 1970


Today’s Quote: “Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with their own government!” ~ Thomas Jefferson
(It would appear that Americans cannot be trusted with their own government.)


One of the problems with being off on the day after Thanksgiving is the temptation to finish off the leftovers, particularly the pies. It must be the guilt associated with the holiday gluttony that brings us the Lipozene commercial several times an hour. I hate that commercial. Yes, body fat is hard to get rid of. No, it really is your fault you can’t get rid of it. Yes, you do have to change your life to lose weight because diet and exercise are the keys to losing weight, there is no magic pill. Of course, 78% of weight lost was body fat. The other 22% was water. Short of cutting off a limb, what else can you lose?

There are a couple other really annoying commercials that drive me over the edge but I can’t really recall them. Words of wisdom — never let the remote control with the mute button be out of your reach. You do not have to allow the media to assault you with their banality and blasphemy. They can only influence you if you allow them access to your mind.

Advertisements

Author: Rick

I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.