Gerry Rafferty – Right Down The Line
Today’s Quote: “What in heaven’s name is strange about a grandmother dancing nude? I’ll bet lots of grandmothers do it.” — Sally Rand
Thank God this week is over. At least I think it’s over. Either way, today should be more relaxing than the five days immediately preceding it. So far, I’m not very impressed with this new year; 2007 has pretty much sucked donkey.
It really bothered me that I missed my Wednesday evening quality time with the grandchildren, especially when all four of them were left on my doorstep. I missed Nick crawling on my floor. I’m sorry, Mr. Bossman, you can convince me to work late any night but Wednesday. I have a standing engagement that night.
I’m hoping this past week hasn’t been a major setback in my “Look Good Nekkid” program. I was unable to do my lunchtime work out everyday but Monday. That really sucks. Will I have the discipline to make up for it over the weekend? To be quite honest, I doubt it. But you never know; it could happen. (And monkeys might fly out my butt!)
- Most American car horns honk in the key of F.
- The name Wendy was made up for the book “Peter Pan.”
- Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
- Every time you lick a stamp, you consume 1/10 of a calorie. (Ever lick a self-adhesive stamp?)
- The average person falls asleep in seven minutes. (I guess it just seems longer.)
- Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
- The citrus soda 7-UP was created in 1929; ‘7’ was selected after the original 7-ounce containers and ‘UP’ for the direction of the bubbles.
- 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are the only Disney cartoons where both parents are present and don’t die throughout the movie.
- A pig’s orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
- ‘Stewardesses’ is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand. (Not only that, but it’s politically incorrect.)
- To escape the grip of a crocodile’s jaws, push your thumbs into its eyeballs – it will let you go instantly. (Assuming you have the presence of mind…)
- Reindeer like to eat bananas.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver and purple.
- The word “samba” means “to rub navels together.” (Linux and Windows rubbing navels? Sounds kinky.)
- Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist. (Probably had one in his office)
- The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II Killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- More people are killed annually by donkeys than airplane crashes.
- A ‘jiffy’ is a unit of time for 1/100th of a second. (Then Jiffy Pop popcorn is a misnomer.)
Hot Child in the City by Nick Gilder, City Nights (1978)