Jimi Hendrix – All Along the Watchtower
Today’s Quote: “The Internet is so big, so powerful and so pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.” — Andrew Brown
Updated Christmas Wish List:
- a new wallet – Not that I have any money but I need something to carry my identification.
- CSE HTML Validator – I’m using the free Lite version and it works pretty well but it doesn’t check CSS. The standard version ($69) will fill my needs although I wouldn’t complain about the Pro version ($129).
- The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding© ($29) – Uses MySQL and PHP to generate dynamic pages from my genealogy database.
- Music – Classic Rock and Blues are always welcome. I don’t mind a little jazz or classical mixed in. In CD or MP3 format. I don’t mind if you stick it to The Man.
- Beard trimmer – The one I have holds barely enough charge to trim one sideburn. Rechargeable is okay but the ability to use it with the cord attached is good. I don’t need anything more than the basic accessories.
- Sweat pants – only have one pair. Would be nice to have a pair for working out and a pair for lounging. (Black, gray, or navy only please. I’m not into wild or loud colors.)
- Gloves. I’ve been wearing the same pair for a number of years and I can actually see my fingertips on some of the fingers. Prefer leather but it doesn’t have to be good leather.
- A winning lottery ticket – I promise to remember you when I’m rich.
Sign seen on the east side of I-75 at the bridge just north of the Northwoods exit:
Western Ohio Water Sports
Kind of makes me wonder what’s going on there. I’m thinking the boats outside may just be a front.
Weird Al – Behind the Scenes of “White and Nerdy”
All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix, Electric Ladyland (1968)
The song was written and originally recorded by Bob Dylan on his 1967 album, John Wesley Harding. Dylan liked the Hendrix version so much, he started playing it the way Jimi recorded it.