Aerosmith – Dream On
Today’s Quote: “We are nothing but a bunch of Amish buggies and tractors out here. No one would care.” — Brian Lehman, whose business, Amish Country Popcorn, is on a government list of potential terror targets.
[We better be vigilant because Indiana is the most target rich state with 8, 591 potential terrorist targets, almost as many as New York and California combined. Naturally, DHS is trying to give it a positive twist while explaining how important it is. The more they talk, the dumber they sound.]
Oh, gawd, what did I eat yesterday? Please, no smoking within 25 feet of me today. Actually, the no smoking rule should always apply but especially today. My anal emissions today are extremely flammable and toxic.
My films from the Family History Library are in! I’m so excited! This Saturday will probably be my best opportunity to look at them and make copies. I just hope I don’t have other plans already.
Grandparents & Grandchildren
- Give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars’ worth of pleasure. ~Gene Perret
- My grandkids believe I’m the oldest thing in the world. And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too.
- An hour with your grandchildren can make you feel young again. Anything longer than that, and you start to age quickly. ~Welsh Proverb
- Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grand-child. ~Gore Vidal
- Never have children, only grandchildren. ~Ogden Nash
- When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window. ~Marcy DeMaree
- Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete. ~Lois Wyse
- If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grand-children, I’d have had them first. ~Henry Youngman
- My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn’t need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle. ~Mary H. Waldrip
- Grandchildren are God’s way of compensating us for growing old. ~Proverb
- You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother. ~Dave Barry
- The best babysitters, of course, are the baby’s grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida. ~Alex Haley
- Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children. ~Joy Hargrove
- One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grand-baby around the finger of a grandfather. ~G. Norman Collie
- Grandchildren don’t make a man feel old; it’s the knowledge that he’s married to a grandmother. ~Authors Unknown
- Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.
- Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.
- Grandparents are similar to a piece of string – handy to have around and easily wrapped around the fingers of their grandchildren.
- Grandmothers are just antique little girls.
- It’s amazing how grandparents seem so young once you become one.
- A grandparent is old on the outside but young on the inside.
- Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies.
- Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever.
Obviously I didn’t come up with those; I’m not really that clever. It was the daily humor on the page I go to for my porno fix. It works out rather well sometimes; I get a chuckle along with my daily dose of disgusting filth.