John Mayall – Table Top Girl
Today’s Quote: “The man who strikes first admits that his ideas have given out.” — Chinese Proverb
Some More Things To Consider:
- There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
- Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
- By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
- Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.
- Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
- It ain’t the jeans that make your butt look fat.
- If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, & never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be “meetings.”
- There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.”
- People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
- You should not confuse your career with your life.
- Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
- Never lick a steak knife.
- The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
- You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
- You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she’s pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
- There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.
- The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
- Your friends love you anyway.
- Thought for the day: Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. This artist and his band Utopia had hits with Hello It’s Me and Can We Still Be Friends. A) Peter Frampton B) Boz Scaggs C) Todd Rundgren
2. Complete the name of the popular country western singer Mary Chapin _________. A) Plumber B) Carpenter C) Hammer
3. What do you call the plastic piece that guitar players hold in their hands as they play? A) Strummer B) Fret C) Pick
4. What does the right pedal do when it is held down on a piano? A) Makes the sound louder B) Holds the sound longer C) Makes the sound quieter
5. In which band is Christine McVie a singer? A) The Pretenders B) Fleetwood Mac C) Jefferson Starship
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Todd Rundgren [Hello It’s Me was originally recorded by Rundgren’s late-1960s band The Nazz, Rundgren wrote the song such as to focus on its more negative side – a relationship ending in a phone call. It was dirge-like and received little attention, barely skirting the Top 100 as a single. Rundgren rerecorded it when he went solo. (Songfacts.com) Can We Still Be Friends is about a couple who really like each other but, their relationship just can’t last any more, even though he still wants to be friends with her. (Songfacts.com)]
2. B) Carpenter
3. C) Pick
4. B) Holds the sound longer
5. B) Fleetwood Mac
Once again, I missed number four. I guess I wasn’t paying attention at that piano lesson.