The Who – Behind Blue Eyes
Today’s Quote: “If I ever meet anyone from your company, I will kill you. I will f—— kill you and your families.” — A disgruntled consumer, one of many, submits feedback to accused spyware distributor Direct Revenue (The article is interesting.)
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Who was the first to record Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer, making it the second most popular Christmas song? A) Bing Crosby B) Gene Autry C) Roy Rogers
2. According to the Beatles song, Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My ________. A) Monkey B) Guitar C) Shadow
3. This relaxed singer/songwriter had a hit album called Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes. A) Jimmy Buffet B) James Taylor C) Hank Williams, Jr.
4. Which Who song did Roger Daltrey sing with a stutter? A) Magic Bus B) My Generation C) Love, Reign O’er Me
5. This group sings about a woman who “moves in mysterious ways.” A) Santana B) The Police C) U2
It seems like I never get much of anything accomplished on Saturday as I should. I still need to fix the toilet. My work here will never be done.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. B) Gene Autry [He didn’t want anything to do with this song. It was his wife who talked him into recording it, and it went on to become the 2nd biggest-selling Christmas song of all time, next to Bing Crosby’s White Christmas. (Songfacts.com)]
2. A) Monkey [This has the longest title of any Beatles song. (Songfacts.com)]
3. A) Jimmy Buffet
4. B) My Generation [Roger Daltrey sang the lead vocals with a stutter, which was very unusual. After recording two takes of this normally, manager Kit Lambert suggested to Daltrey that he stutter to sound like a British kid on speed. (Songfacts.com)]
5. C) U2
I knew them all this time around. Sometimes I feel like a trivial deity.