Joe Walsh – The Confessor
Today’s Quote: “Take off all your clothes and walk down the street waving a machete and firing an Uzi, and terrified citizens will phone the police and report: ‘There`s a naked person outside!'” — Mike Nichols
New York Times Movie Review
‘Superman Returns’ to Save Mankind From Its Sins By Manohla Dargis
Where once the Man of Steel flew up, up and away, in a leaden new film he flies down, down, down, sent from above to save mankind from its sins.
Why did I never see the Superman-Jesus connection before? It’s so freaking obvious.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. According to the Eagles’ hit “I thought by now you’d realize there ain’t no way to hide your _____.” A) The disguise B) Constant lies C) Lyin’ eyes
2. The song with the lyric, “If I loved you, words wouldn’t come in an easy way, round in circles, I’d go” is from which musical? A) Oklahoma B) South Pacific C) Carousel
3. The hit song I Dreamed a Dream is from which popular musical? A) Les Miserables B) Joseph and His Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat C) Miss Saigon
4. “One singular sensation every little step she takes” is from which musical? A) A Chorus Line B) Cats C) Evita
5. What is the name of the song with the lyric, “The minute you walked in the joint I could see you were a man of distinction”? A) Sweet Charity B) Big Spender C) You Wanna Bet
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Lyin’ eyes [In the group biography Hell Freezes Over, the Eagles discussed this song’s origins. When they were a struggling band in Los Angeles, they saw a lot of beautiful women around Hollywood who were married to wealthy, successful men, and wondered if they were unhappy. One night they were drinking in a bar when they spotted this stunning young woman; two steps behind her was a much older, fat, rich guy. As they were half laughing at them one of The Eagles commented, “Look at her, she can’t even hide those lyin eyes!” Immediately, they all began grabbing for cocktail napkins to write down lyrics to go with that great observation. (Songfacts.com)].
2. C) Carousel
3. A) Les Miserables
4. A) A Chorus Line
5. B) Big Spender
I got the first one. I’m not much good at musicals.