Today’s Quote: “I don’t know if this war is worth the life of Terry Lisk, or 10 soldiers, or 2,500 soldiers like him. What I do know is that he did not die alone. He was surrounded by friends.” — Colonel Sean MacFarland, Commander, 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division. (A very moving story. I’ll make no further comment on it. Those who know me, know how I feel.)
I’ve been so busy at work this week. Yesterday I took apart our backup tape drive to remove the tape that was stuck in it. Jeff and I figured out what was wrong and fixed it. Last night’s backups ran without any problems so we must have got it right. Today Rani and I loaded up about 50 junk computers on a skid so they can be recycled (or whatever happens to them). This afternoon, I installed a wireless access point and ran cable for it. Running cable through a false ceiling is only slightly less nasty than running it through the attic. It’s not nearly as warm but it’s still nasty. This has been in addition to my usual help desk and other stuff. I’ve got more extracurricular crap to accomplish tomorrow. I’m looking forward to the 4-day weekend although I’m sure I’ll be making two work-related trips.
The Jimi Hendirx Experience – Manic Depression
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Whose song list includes Beautiful Stranger, Papa Don’t Preach, and Express Yourself? A) Janet Jackson B) Jennifer Lopez C) Madonna
2. What sang, “I can feel it coming in the air tonight, hold on”? A) Eddie Money B) Genesis C) Men At Work
3. What are the first names of the Wilson sisters who make up the band, Heart? A) Patty and Carney B) Emily and Amy C) Ann and Nancy
4. Who had a hit in 1979 with Closer to Fine? A) The Indigo Girls B) Melissa Etheridge C) Trisha Yearwood
5. Which Bruce Springsteen song has the lyric, “Got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack. I went for a ride and I never went back”? A) Born in the USA B) Hungry Heart C) Dancing in the Dark
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Madonna [Madonna about Papa Don’t Preach: “A message song that everyone is going to take the wrong way.” (Songfacts.com)]
2. B) Genesis
3 C) Ann and Nancy.
4. A) The Indigo Girls
5. B) Hungry Heart [When Springsteen met Joey Ramone in Asbury Park, New Jersey, Ramone asked Bruce to write a song for his band, The Ramones. Springsteen wrote Hungry Heart that night but decided to keep it on the advice of his producer and manager, Jon Landau. Mark Volman and Howard Kaylan of The Turtles sang backup. (Songfacts.com)]
I had them all but #4.