The Fugs – Marijuana
Today’s Quote: “It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his job depends on not understanding it.” — Upton Sinclair
I was watching Mega Movers on the History channel yesterday. They moved an old horse barn, intact, in the middle of a Nebraska winter. They said the barn weighed 85 tons. Once they got it raised up and some wheels under it, it took them two days to get it to the farm 26 miles away. It’s amazing how something that large can be moved like that.
Am I interested in purchasing a new patio door? I suppose I am since mine appears to be a hodgepodge of mismatched parts. Am I in the market to purchase a new patio door? I have no current plans for such a purpose but I very well could be in about five years when my financial position improves. When I do decide that the time is right to replace the patio door, as well as other doors and windows, you can be sure I will not purchase them from someone who’s selling them door to door. I’ll seek out a provider of such things who has a brick and mortar establishment, a known reputation, and a history of quality and service. I don’t need the job subcontracted to Cletus the slack-jawed yokel and his family. I won’t make that mistake again.
I now own my van. The title arrived in the mail yesterday. Of course, that probably changes nothing except that it’s paid off and my tribute payments are now being to used to pay off someone else. There are a few who I fervently hope are at the tail end of the line and if they never get paid, it’s okay by me. I never really wanted their business in the first place and/or they just basically pissed me off.
I’m preparing to electronically publish a collection of really bad poetry and prose called Life as Lunch. But you never know, they may be a gem or two among the turds.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Her debut album was titled Speak and she starred in Freaky Friday. A) Lindsay Lohan B) Hilary Duff C) Mandy Moore
2. What was the name of the first single released by Kelly Clarkston after her win on American Idol? A) Some Kind of Miracle B) A Moment Like This C) Thankful
3. Who recorded a song in 2001 with the lyric, “I wanna run through the halls of my high school. I wanna scream at the top of my lungs”? A) Dave Mathews B) Jack Johnson C) John Mayer
4. Complete the name of the rock band, “Goo Goo ________.” A) Kachoo B) Dolls C) Train
5. Who had a hit with Positive Vibration, Roots, Rock Reggae, and I Shot the Sheriff? A) Bob Marley B) The Police C) Jimmy Cliff
Music Trivia Answers:
1. A) Lindsay Lohan
2. B) A Moment Like This
3. C) John Mayer
4. B) Dolls
5. A) Bob Marley
I knew four and five. I’ve never even heard of the other three. Are they part of the premasticated, homogenized pap movement? “Don’t tell us what you want. We’ve already determined what you want. and you will like it.”