The Big Bopper – Chantilly Lace
Today’s Quote: “I think the main reason some people find breast feeding offensive is the fact that it reminds us that breasts are a food source and not an object of male fantasy that is further facilitated by the legal system that says breasts cannot be seen unless they belong to a male.” — Margaret Stone
LiveJournal tells lactating mums to put ’em away
According to a recent article in The Register, breastfeeding mothers may no longer proudly display their “milk-packed jubs” in their default userpics. Female nipples or areolas are no longer allowed in default icons. I’ve been saying it all along, breasts have this tremendously awesome power to cloud men’s minds (and the minds of a lot of women as well) although it’s predominantly an American phenomenon. Here’s a gallery of banned userpics.
What’s next? Testicles?
- WebSite [ ‘web-sIt ]
- 1. Subset of the human ego native exclusively to the Internet.
- 2. The inexorable result of marketers managing programmers.
- 3. Archaic form of Blogs, from the days when only skilled developers could use valuable bandwidth to rank their favorite Star Trek episodes.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Whose Supernatural album garnered 11 Grammy nominations in 1999? A) Mariah Carey B) Usher C) Santana
2. Which Spice Girl married soccer superstar David Beckham? A) Posh B) Sporty C) Baby
3. This R&B group featured “Pops” on guitar and daughters Mavis, Cleotha, and Yvonne on vocals. A) The Bar-Kays B) En Vogue C) The Staple Singers
4. Who was the backing vocal on Carly Simon’s You’re So Vain? A) Paul Simon B) Mick Jagger C) Eric Clapton
5. Who had a hit with Say You, Say Me from the film White Nights? A) Lionel Ritchie B) Phil Collins C) Neil Sedaka
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Santana
2. A) Posh
3. C) The Staple Singers [They had hits in the early 70s (before the music sucked) with Respect Yourself (1971) and I’ll Take You There (1972).]
4. B) Mick Jagger [Simon has never said who the song is about. Some of the rumors are Warren Beatty, Kris Kristofferson, Cat Stevens, and Mick Jagger, all of whom she had affairs with. Simon married James Taylor a month before this was released. She has said that it is definitely not about him. (Songfacts.com)]
5. A) Lionel Ritchie
I had them all down except the second one. Like I ever gave a rat’s ass about the Spice Girls. They were less of a real band than The Archies.