The Eagles – Get Over It
Today’s Quote: “The more I think about it, old Billy was right, let’s kill all the lawyers, kill ’em tonight.” — Don Henley, Get Over It
Think About It!
- Money doesn’t bring you happiness, but it enables you to look for it in more places.
- Your conscience may not keep you from doing wrong, but it sure keeps you from enjoying it.
- Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.
- Misers aren’t much fun to live with, but they make great ancestors.
- Be careful what rut you choose. You may be in it the rest of your life.
- The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket.
- When you see the handwriting on the wall, you can bet you’re in a public restroom.
- Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
- The real reason you can’t take it with you is that it goes before you do.
- Junk is something you throw away three weeks before you need it.
- Hospitality is making your guests feel at home, even if you wish they were.
- A closed mouth gathers no feet.
- A man (or woman) who can smile when things go wrong has found someone to blame it on.
- The world is full of willing people: some willing to work and some willing to let them.
Don’t look at me!
While crawling northward on I-75 this afternoon, after stopping for the umpteenth time in five minutes, I happened to glance in my mirror. The lady in the car behind had apparently stopped rather abruptly to avoid hitting me in the ass. She threw her hands up in the air and shrugged her shoulders as if to say, “Why in the Hell did you stop? Can’t you see I’m in a hurry?” “Sorry, lady,” I said to myself (I actually used a stronger, less nice word). “But I’m not ramming a Honda Accord in the ass for your convenience.” She soon found a break in the traffic and sped past me in the left lane. I remained in my lane and passed her about a quarter mile up the road, never to see her again. Was she in a hurry or something? People just don’t understand that I’m not in any particular hurry to get where they’re going.
A long those same lines, I scored a moral victory over a Jeep Liberty this morning at the intersection of Brandt and Needmore. I was the second vehicle in the through lane and the Jeep was the first in the right lane. As anyone who has driven through that intersection more than once knows, the right lane ends very abruptly past the intersection. But still, these A-holes just have to take a chance that they might gain a second and a half on me. Well, this morning, it just didn’t work out for this particular asshole. As the lane quickly narrowed, he realized the futility of his NASCAR dreams, concluded that I was unimpressed with his SUV manliness, and let me have the day. As Don Henley said, “Get Over It”
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Who has the record for most Grammys won? A) Sir Georg Solti B) Henry Mancini C) John Williams
2. What instrument does Yo-Yo Ma primarily play? A) Violin B) Guitar C) Cello
3. This composer created the music scores for Toy Story, A Bug’s Life, Monsters, Inc., and Ragtime. A) Randy Newman B) Hans Zimmer C) Danny Elfman
4b Who composed the film scores for Dances With Wolves, Out of Africa, Born Free, and 12 James Bond films? A) Jerry Goldsmith B) John Barry C) Howard Shore
5. This brother and sister duo from Detroit had albums called De Stijl and White Blood Cells. A) White Stripes B) The Smiths C) The Vines
Music Trivia Answers:
1. A) Sir Georg Solti
2. C) Cello
3. A) Randy Newman .
4. B) John Barry
5. B) The Smiths
Today, I only knew number three. I’ve generally enjoyed Randy Newman’s music over the years and I’ve seen all three of those movies.