Blood, Sweat & Tears – Spinning Wheel
Today’s Quote: “Nudity is undignified and an error of taste.” – Adolf Hitler
“Why is der Furher like a pickle? Because he’s such a sourpuss!” (To Be Or Not To Be, directed by and starring Mel Brooks, probably the only Jew to ever play the role of Adolf Hitler)
Sorting Out Kentucky Kinfolk
Kentucky genealogy is challenging, at least for this online, long distance, and unrelated amateur genealogist. Over the past few days’ I’ve been researching Mandy’s roots and the deeper I dig, the more tangled the roots become. It seems like everyone has the same names and there’s so much intermarrying among the families that even having a program doesn’t help. Mandy tells me there’s probably only about a dozen surnames in the entire county. It’s a good thing I enjoy a genealogical challenge.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Which artist became a star after being featured in the film Urban Cowboy? A) Johnny Lee B) Ronnie Milsap C) Earl Thomas Conley
2. What did Barbra Streisand receive her second Academy Award for? A) Composer of Evergreeen B) Role in The Way We Were C) Role in What’s Up Doc?
3. In 2004, Barbra Streisand appeared in which film? A) Starsky & Hutch B) Meet the Fockers C) Shark Tale
4. What is Barbra Streisand’s middle name? A) Ann B) Kay C) Joan
5. As of 2004, which artist holds the record for most Grammys won? A) Ray Charles B) Pat Metheny C) Willie Nelson
The “procedure” went okay but I have no recollection of it. The last thing I remember was the nurse injecting the sedative into my IV. I faintly recall the doctor telling us the results (found 2 polyps) and riding in a wheelchair down to the main entrance. I don’t even remember getting dressed afterwards. Well, I just have to wait for the biopsy results and go from there.
[Edit] The biopsy came back benign.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. A) Johnny Lee
2. A) Composer of Evergreeen
3. B) Meet the Fockers
4. C) Joan
5. B) Pat Metheny