Hank Williams – Lovesick Blues
Today’s Quote: “I’d go somewhere where no one spoke. I would take a stack of books up to my hips, and I’d read nonstop. And I’d be reading naked.” – Linda Hamilton on what she’d do with a day to herself.
I really intended to accomplish something this weekend, something along the lines of a computer upgrade or mowing the lawn. Instead I researched. Today I focused on my grandchildren’s more southerly roots. It’s very intriguing and somewhat confusing. I’ll be back to it soon.
I think a web site update will happen soon. That’s a good thing since it’s been more than a month since I’ve done that.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Which Hank Williams song starts with the lyric, “Hear that lonesome whippoorwill? He sounds too blue to fly.”? A) I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry B) Long Gone Lonesome Blues C) Lovesick Blues
2. The line, “From the great Atlantic Ocean to the wide Pacific Shore” comes from which classic train song? A) Orange Blossom Special B) Wabash Cannonball C) Down There By The Train
3. Which country album by Garth Brooks became the first to debut at the top of the pop charts? A) Ropin’ the Wind B) No Fences C) Garth Brooks
4. In 1998, which pro baseball team did Garth Brooks try out for? A) California Angels B) Texas Rangers C) San Diego Padres
5. What was the name of the 1993 concert tour with Clint Black and Wynonna Judd? A) Black and Wy B) He Sang She Sang C) Summer’s Comin’
Music Trivia Answers:
1. A) I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry
2. B) Wabash Cannonball
3. A) Ropin’ the Wind
4. C) San Diego Padres
5. A) Black and Wy [And people wonder why I can’t take country music seriously.]
Give me credit for knowing 1 and 2. Those were both “old school” country.