Buddy Guy – Damn Right, I’ve Got The Blues
Today’s Quote: “A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.” — H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)
In Franklin County, Missouri there’s a guy who’s trying to develop a clothing optional resort on 52 acres and he is, understandably, meeting some resistance. He has reportedly acquired a conditional permit from the county planning and zoning commission with a couple of conditions. One of the conditions is that he build an 8′ high privacy fence around the resort. That seems reasonable and he probably would have done that anyway. I found the other condition a bit peculiar. No minors are to be allowed in the resort, presumably to “protect the children” or whatever. Are they worried that children from nudist families might see nude adults?
Wanna put a nudist resort in my neighborhood? I think it would be a great idea but considering the average intellectual capacity of the residents of this collection of brick domiciles, it would never fly. These people just wouldn’t get it but they sure would have a great time wallowing in righteous indignation!
There’s a married couple in England who would like to make a little extra cash from their hobby, which happens to be nude gardening. They’re trying to start an “All Nude Gardening Service.” They’ll mow, plant and strip your garden of weeds while completely in the buff.
I’m not so sure about mowing the lawn in the nude. I could be a little overdressed when I fire up the mower. I generally wear safety shoes, long pants (preferably jeans), a long sleeved shirt, safety glasses, ear plugs, leather work gloves, and a wide-brimmed hat. I’d just as soon not lose anything important to a rapidly spinning steel blade or any projectiles it might hurl in my direction. Weed-whacking is another activity I’d rather not do in the nude.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. From which musical come the songs If I Were a Rich Man and Matchmaker? A) Fiddler on the Roof B) Hello Dolly C) Cabaret
2. Who was the original first choice by the director to play “Tony” in West Side Story? A) Bobby Darin B) Elvis Presley C) Troy Donahue
3. In which musical of the 70s would you find the character “Sally Bowles”? A) Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory B) Cabaret C) Oliver
4. Whose epitaph on his tombstone reads “The best is yet to come”? A) Sammy Davis, Jr. B) Bing Crosby C) Frank Sinatra
5. Who recorded the song with the lyric, “Jeremiah was a bullfrog. Was a good friend of mine”? A) Three Dog Night B) Blood, Sweat, & Tears C) Badfinger
Music Trivia Answers:
1. A) Fiddler on the Roof
2. B) Elvis Presley
3. B) Cabaret
4. C) Frank Sinatra
5. A) Three Dog Night [Hoyt Axton wrote Joy To The World for an animated TV special called The Happy Song that never materialized. He pitched it to the group while he opened for them on a tour. (Songfacts.com)]
I got #1 and #5 correct. My knowledge of musicals is extremely limited. Yeah, I could see Elvis as an Irish-American ex-gang member. I’m trying to imagine an Irish brogue with a Southern accent.