Frank Zappa & the Mothers – Dirty Love
Today’s Quote: “Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected from happening.” — Barbara Tober
TV Theme Music Trivia Quiz:
1. “Making your way in the world today takes everything you got” comes from which TV show theme song? A) Friends B) Cheers C) The Mary Tyler Moore Show
2. This TV show theme song started with a ringing phone and the star saying, “Hello.” A) The Bob Newhart Show B) Taxi C) Batman
3. Which TV theme song about the Keaton family sung by Johnny Mathis and Deniece Williams had the lyric, “What would we do baby, without us? Sha la la la”? A) Family Ties B) Who’s the Boss C) Three’s Company
4. This TV show theme song talked about a place where you can “come and play, everything’s A-OK.” A) The Andy Griffith Show B) Smurfsville C) Sesame Street
5. Who was “king of the wild frontier” according to the show’s song? A) The Rifleman B) Davy Crocket C) Bat Masterson
6. For which hero character id the theme song go “Mister Trouble never hangs around when he hears this Mighty sound…”? A) Tom Terrific B) George of the Jungle C) Mighty Mouse
7. From the Gilligan’s Island theme song, complete the lyric: “Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale, a tale of ______.” A) a fateful trip B) this tiny ship C) a desert isle
8. Where are they when the TV show theme goes “We’re goin’ hoppin’. We’re goin’ hoppin’ today, where things are poppin'”? A) 21 Jump Street B) American Bandstand C) Surfside 6
9. Who sings, “Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin’ tossed salad and scrambled eggs”? A) Redd Foxx B) Bruce Willis C) Kelsey Grammar
10. In which show does the theme song say, “I’m going to live forever. I’m going to learn how to fly”? A) Fame B) The Greatest American Hero C) Astro Boy
No personal anecdotes, no opinions, no news, no humor today. Just an extra special 10 question trivia quiz. Have fun!
TV Theme Music Trivia Answers:
1. B) Cheers
2. A) The Bob Newhart Show [Well, I knew it wasn’t Taxi or Batman.]
3. A) Family Ties
4. C) Sesame Street
5. B) Davy Crocket
6. C) Mighty Mouse
7. A) a fateful trip
8. B) American Bandstand
9. C) Kelsey Grammar
10. A) Fame
I have probably watched way too much television in my lifetime. I knew all ten of them.
Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip.
That started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.
The mate was a mighty sailin’ man,
the skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day,
for a three hour tour, a three hour tour………
The weather started getting rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew,
the Minnow would be lost; the Minnow would be lost.
The ship took ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle,
with Gilligan, the Skipper too,
the Millionaire, and his Wife,
the Movie Star, the Professor and Mary Ann,
here on Gilligan’s Isle.
So this is the tale of our castaways,
they’re here for a long, long time.
They’ll have to make the best of things,
it’s an uphill climb.
The first mate and his skipper too,
will do their very best,
to make the others comfortable,
in the tropic island nest.
No phones, no lights, no motor cars,
not a single luxury.
Like Robinson Crusoe,
it’s primitive as can be.
So join us here each week my friend,
you’re sure to get a smile.
From seven stranded Castaways,
Here on Gilligan’s Isle.