Jerry Jeff Walker – Up Against The Wall Redneck Mother
Today’s Quote: “Quoting from Genesis, ‘They were nude but they were not ashamed.’ Furthermore, because God created it, ‘The human body can remain nude and uncovered and preserve its splendor and its beauty.'” — Pope John Paul II
Will the Real Traitors Please Stand Up? By Frank Rich — It’s the recklessness at the top of our government, not the press’s exposure of it, that has truly aided the enemy, put American lives at risk and potentially sabotaged national security. (Requires a subscription to New York Times’ “TimesSelect” to read it.)
This explains a lot… about the state of British teeth. Thanks to Adam for sending me the link.
More Both Kinds of Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Who sings the duet Beer for My Horses with Willie Nelson? A) Tim McGraw B) Alan Jackson C) Toby Keith
2. With whom did Sheryl Crowe team up in the song Picture in 2001? A) Kid Rock B) Sugar Ray C) Travis Tritt
3. Who recorded If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body (Would You Hold It Against Me)? A) Johnny Paycheck B) The Bellamy Brothers C) Larry Gatlin
4. Whose catch phrase was “Bless your pea-pickin’ little heart”? A) Roy Acuff B) Tex Ritter C) Tennessee Ernie Ford
5. Vince Gill’s first hit came when he was lead singer of which pop group? A) Air Supply B) Toto C) Pure Prairie League
Knock Knock Joke
Gidney: Knock, Knock
Cloyd: Who’s there?
Gidney: Cows go.
Cloyd: Cows go who?
Gidney: No, silly! Cows go moo!
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Toby Keith
2. A) Kid Rock
3. B) The Bellamy Brothers [Typical bad play on words used as a country song title.]
4. C) Tennessee Ernie Ford
5. C) Pure Prairie League
I correctly answered 1, 4, & 5. Tennessee Ernie Ford is “old school” country & western, of which I know something about.