Stephen Stills – Love The One You’re With
Today’s Quote: “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” — Margaret Mead
At 7:09 this morning a grandson, Nicholas Warren Romig, was born. He’s kind of quiet but I figure that’s because he hasn’t really formed an opinion yet and has nothing to say. Incidentally, today is my grandfather’s 112th birthday (were he still living). It’s great that he can be remembered through a great-great-grandson.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Which Canadian singer/songwriter recorded the albums Blue and Hejira? A) Gordon Lightfoot B) Anne Murray C) Joni Mitchell
2. Which singer/songwriter did signer Diana Krall marry in 2003? A) Joe Jackson B) Elvis Costello C) Harry Connick, Jr.
3. What was the Monkees’ best-selling single? A) I’m A Believer B) Daydream Believer C) Pleasant Valley Sunday
4. Who wrote the music and lyrics for the musicals Sweeney Todd and Sunday in the Park with George? A) Elton John B) Stephen Sondheim C) Andrew Lloyd Webber
5. From what musical comes the song Hello Young Lovers? A) South Pacific B) Oklahoma C) The King and I
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Joni Mitchell
2. B) Elvis Costello
3. A) I’m A Believer [Neil Diamond wrote this. He performed it on one of his albums that came out a few months after the Monkees’ cover version. The Monkees version was far more popular because of the exposure the song was given on their television series. (Songfacts.com) A folk singer named John Stewart wrote Daydream Believer. Stewart was a member of The Kingston Trio from 1961 to 1967. He wrote it shortly after leaving the group and teaming up with a pre-famous John Denver. (Songfacts.com) Gerry Goffin and Carole King wrote Pleasant Valley Sunday about Pleasant Valley Way in West Orange, New Jersey, where they lived at the time. (Songfacts.com)]
4. B) Stephen Sondheim
5. C) The King and I
I can only take credit for getting 1 and 3 today.