The Yardbirds – Honey In Your Hips
Today’s Quote: “I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.” — Woody Allen
Odd Stuff I Saw On Television Last Night
- A commercial for Ask.com, which described it as a “Pimped out” search engine. Uh, okay, I guess.
- A commercial for feminine pads that expressed a desire for me to “Have a happy period.” That was so thoughtful of them. Does anyone have a happy period?
Odd Stuff I Found At The Register This Morning
- Filipino judge sacked for consulting trio of mystic dwarves.
- Crap crim caged for four years
- Why do we say ‘um’, ‘er’, or ‘ah’ when we hesitate in speaking?
- Why we are not naked even in the womb
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. In which Robert Redford film did Freddy Fender have a part? A) The Milagro Beanfield Incident B) Electric Horseman C) The Horse Whisperer
2. What is the name of Courtney Love’s band? A) Addicted B) Hole C) Punk
3. What legendary soul singer wrecked his “Corvette” the first time he drove it? A) Ray Charles B) James Brown C) Ben E. King
4. Which artist had a hit with Wishing Well in 1988? A) Cuba Gooding B) Terrence Trent D’Arby C) Lenny Kravitz
5. Who told “People all over the world, join hands, start love train, love train”? A) The O’Jays B) Rose Royce C) Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
Tonight at 9:00, the National Geographic Channel has a show on the Gospel of Judas. That should be interesting. I have two hours blocked out on my calendar to watch it.
Music Trivia Answers:
1.A) The Milagro Beanfield Incident [Freddy Fender’s real name: Baldemar Huerta (Songfacts.com). I heard he got the name because he played a Fender guitar.]
2. B) Hole [The other two names seem appropriate too.]
3. A) Ray Charles [Gee, I wonder why?]
4. B) Terrence Trent D’Arby [I kind of doubt it was a cover of Wishing Well by Free on their 1973 album Heartbreaker.]
5. C) Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
I only got 2 and 5 today.