Memphis Slim – Cold Blooded Woman
Today’s Quote: “Absence of occupation is not rest, A mind quite vacant is a mind distress’d.” — William Cowper, 1731-1800
It would seem that there are a great many distressed minds out there.
It’s Monday and the first day of an odd-numbered month. Methinks these may both be bad omens. Odd-numbered months generally bring me a mixture of anticipation and dread of the same thing. I guess you could call it dreaded anticipation or anticipated dreadfullness. Regardless, the result will surely be bitter disappointment.
Speaking of bitter disappointment, I’ve eaten my (extremely) meager lunch and I hunger for more. I’m always hungering for more. Damn this famine!
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Who sang the song Me and My Arrow in the 1971 movie called The Point? A) Paul Simon B) Harry Nilsson C) Barry Manilow
2. Who wrote the familiar Wedding March? A) Henry Purcell B) Johann Sebastian Bach C) Felix Mendelsohn
3. Who is known as the Queen of Disco? A) Gloria Gaynor B) Donna Summer C) Thelma Houston
4. Who is the famous younger sister of Loretta Lynn? A) Donna Fargo B) Emmylou Harris C) Crystal Gayle
5. What was the name of Elvis Presley’s custom jet? A) Lisa Marie B) Teddy Bear C) Blue Hawaii
Three dead bodies turn up at the mortuary, all with very big smiles on their faces. The coroner calls the police to tell them what has happened.
“First body: Frenchman, 60, died of heart failure while making love to his mistress. Hence the enormous smile, Inspector,” says the Coroner.
“Second body: Scotsman, 25, won a thousand pounds on the lottery, spent it all on whiskey. Died of alcohol poisoning, hence the smile.”
The Inspector asked, “What of the third body?”
“Ah,” says the coroner, “this is the most unusual one. Billy-Bob from Oklahoma, 30, struck by lightning.”
“Why is he smiling then?” inquires the Inspector.
“Thought he was having his picture taken.”
Music Trivia Answers:
1. B) Harry Nilsson
2. C) Felix Mendelsohn
3. B) Donna Summer
4. C) Crystal Gayle
5. A) Lisa Marie