Eric Clapton – Needs His Woman
Today’s Quote: “The main hang up in the world today is hypocrisy and insecurity. If people can’t face up to the fact of other people being naked or smoking pot, or whatever they want to do, then we’re never going to get anywhere. People have got to become aware that it’s none of their business and that being nude is not obscene. Being ourselves is what’s important. If everyone practised being themselves instead of pretending to be what they aren’t, there would be peace.” – John Lennon
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. From which song is the lyric “Back to howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad”? A) Honky Cat B) Empty Garden C) Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
2. What was distinctive about the Beatles’ jackets? A) Buttonless B) Collarless C) Pocketless
3. Which musician did the vocals on This Guy’s in Love with You? A) Tony Bennett B) Paul Anka C) Herb Alpert
4. Where did the Drifters go after a hard day’s work? A) Blueberry Hill B) Up on the Roof C) On Broadway
5. Who sings the bluesy Give Me One Reason to Stay Here (and I’ll turn right back around)? A) Bonnie Raitt B) Tracy Chapman C) Melissa Etheridge
My doctor wants me to lose 20 lbs by October. Can I do it? I figure that’s roughly ¾ lb per week. I guess that’s feasible. I don’t know, it’s been a long time since I’ve needed to lose weight and even then it wasn’t that much.
I watched my step aerobics video last night and tried some of those steps in my workout this morning. For anything but the most basic steps, I’m much too uncoordinated. I tend to lose my rhythm easily, especially if I’m trying to concentrate on how to do a step. I can see where that might be a difficulty and even discouraging when participating in a class where you’re trying to follow the instructor. Since I work out alone, the basic steps will do fine and achieve the same results. As my confidence and coordination improve, I can add to the routine. Works for me.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Goodbye Yellow Brick Road [Taupin writes the lyrics to Elton’s songs. He often seems to write about Elton, but this appears to be about him. The lyrics are about giving up a life of opulence for one of simplicity in a rural setting. Elton has enjoyed a very extravagant lifestyle, while Taupin prefers to keep it low key. (Songfacts.com) That whole album is great. I consider it Elton’s and Bernie’s opus.]
2. B) Collarless
3. C) Herb Alpert
4. B) Up on the Roof
5. B) Tracy Chapman
I knew 1, 2, and 4.