Tommy Tutone – Jenny (867-5309)
Today’s Quote: “I think ‘naked’ is a word others came up with but we’re not naked; we are dressed in God’s clothes, the best clothes of all.” — Emily Robbins
I finally eradicated the worm that was trashing my computer. My Windows TCP/IP utilities, cmd.exe, regedit, and Task Manager are all working again. There were multiple pieces of viral flotsam scattered across my drive and I hope I got them all. I’ll sleep better knowing I got the worm that reinfected my PC on every bootup. I have a pretty good idea how it got there — P2P. When you get your downloads from the back alleys of the Internet, you often get a little something extra. Unfortunately, everyone who uses that computer also gets that little something extra.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Which country are the Chieftains from? A) Ireland B) South Africa C) Australia
2. Complete the Céline Dion song Because You _____ Me. A) Loved B) Came To C) Danced With
3. Which singer teamed up with David Bowie on the 1982 hit Peace on Earth-Little Drummer Boy? A) Johnny Mathis B) Tony Bennett C) Bing Crosby
4. To whom does Rod Stewart sing, “I think I’ve got something to say to you.”? A) Maggie B) Mary C) Annie
5. With which opera singer did John Denver make an album in 1981? A) Pacido Domingo B) Luciano Pavarotti C) Jose Carreras
“We want to enable pets to play games in a way very similar to the way human players’ play. To play a computer game with your hamster would definitely make us think about where we have come with digital tradition now.” — Vladimir Todoroviæ, a collaborator on the multi-species game Mice Arena.
How are you gonna feel when your hamster kicks your ass at Grand Theft Auto, Doom, or Donkey Kong? My cats are lazy and useless enough; I don’t need them playing video games all day.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. A) Ireland
2. A) Loved
3. C) Bing Crosby [I heard or read somewhere that when they recorded it, Bing Crosby had no idea who David Bowie was.]
4. A) Maggie [Maggie May is about the first woman Rod Stewart slept with. She deflowered him when he was 16. (Songfacts.com)]
5. A) Pacido Domingo
I got 1, 3, and 4 today.