Muddy Waters – Champagne and Reefer
Today’s Quote: “What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed?” — Michelangelo
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Who “rules her life like a fine skylark and when the sky is starless”? A) Sara B) Oh, Diane C) Rhiannon
2.Who is “tall and tan and young and lovely”? A) Michelle B) The Girl from Ipanema C) Brown-eyed Girl
3. Who are the Rolling Stones singing about with “Goodbye __________, who could hang a name on you? … Still I’m gonna miss you.”? A) Honky Tonk Women B) Sweet Virginia C) Ruby Tuesday
4. Who was Madonna “Desperately Seeking” in her first major film role? A) Sam B) Susan C) Sarah
5. Madonna’s Like a Prayer was used to advertise which drink? A) Pepsi-Cola B) Diet Coke C) Lipton Tea
I don’t have a Torx bit large enough to remove the bolts for the tailgate latches. Lifting the liner and peering underneath, I don’t see any sign of a removable panel to get at the parts. It’s definitely beginning to not be a do-it-yourself project. I’m going to make some calls Monday and see how much it will cost me to get it done. [Edit] I finally did fix the tailgate myself in May 2008. It really wasn’t all that difficult.
While I was at it, I took a look under the hood to check on the possibility of changing the spark plugs myself. That ain’t gonna happen either. I can only see one spark plug and I know there are three more in there somewhere.
I miss the days when you could actually do these kinds of things yourself. I hear there are people who actually do their own automobile maintenance but I don’t see how they do it. Personally, I think the engineers who design them should be required to do routine maintenance with only a standard Craftsman tool set. If the job can’t be accomplished then it’s back to the drawing board.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Rhiannon [Stevie Nicks wrote this on a piano with help from her boyfriend, Lindsey Buckingham. At the time, they were recording as Buckingham-Nicks and about to release this on their second album, but they joined Fleetwood Mac instead and recorded it with them. (Songfacts.com)]
2.> B) The Girl from Ipanema [This was written by two Brazilian composers, Antonio Carlos Jobim, who wrote the music, and Vinicius de Moraes, who wrote the lyrics in Portuguese. English lyrics were later written by Norman Gimbel. Jobim and Moraes were inspired by a young Brazilian girl, who wore a bikini and regularly walked “Like a samba” past the “Veloso” bar that they frequented. (Songfacts.com)]
3. C) Ruby Tuesday [This is about a groupie. It may have been inspired by Linda Keith, who was Keith Richard’s girlfriend. Richards: “Who was Ruby Tuesday? Can’t remember her name. It certainly wasn’t Ruby. That’s one of those things – some chick you’ve broken up with. And all you’ve got left is the piano and the guitar and a pair of panties. And it’s goodbye you know. And so it just comes out of that. And after that you just build on it. It’s one of those songs that are easiest to write because you’re really right there and you really sort of mean it. And for a songwriter, hey break his heart and he’ll come up with a good song.” Keith Richards and Brian Jones wrote most of this, but in keeping with Stones tradition, it was credited to Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. (Songfacts.com) A chain of restaurants was named for this song.]
4. B) Susan
5. A) Pepsi-Cola [Like a Prayer was the first song by a major artist to be used in a commercial before being released to stores or radio stations. It was used in an ad for Pepsi which was first shown on The Cosby Show. The video aired on MTV the day after the commercial. It showed Madonna dancing in front of burning crosses, which caused outrage among some Catholic groups. Pepsi pulled the spot, which aired only once. Madonna signed a $5 million endorsement deal with Pepsi at the time this was released. Pepsi pulled out of the deal when religious groups threatened a boycott over the video. Pepsi had two more commercials planned and was going to sponsor her Blonde Ambition tour, but they dropped all association with Madonna, who got to keep the $5 million. (Songfacts.com)]
Got them all today.