Lightnin’ Hopkins – Morning Blues
Today’s Quote: “The excesses of our youth are checks written against our age and they are payable with interest thirty years later.” — Charles Caleb Colton
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Which singer/songwriter/producer/keyboardist extraordinaire had a hit with Nothing from Nothing? A) Isaac Hayes B) Quincy Jones C) Billy Preston
2. What is Chuck Berry’s home town? A) Philadelphia B) Detroit C) Chicago
3. How many keys on a piano keyboard make an octave? A) 6 B) 7 C) 8
4. Who became Bette Midler’s pianist and musical director in 1972? A) Marvin Hamlisch B) Barry Manilow C) Barry Gibb
5. In what year did Elvis Presley make his last public appearance? A) 1972 B) 1975 C) 1977
Well, my physical went well. I thought my blood pressure was a little high but the doctor said it was okay. It’s always higher at the doctor’s office; why is that? Anticipating that I would probably need to get blood work done, I fasted and gave them enough blood to keep Dracula from becoming anemic for a day.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Billy Preston [Preston started writing this one night in the dressing room of an Atlanta nightclub where he was performing. He wanted to write a song based on the saying, “Nothing from nothing leaves nothing.” Bruce Fisher, who was Preston’s songwriting partner (he co-wrote his previous American chart topper, Will It Go Round in Circles), added a second verse. (Songfacts.com)]
2. A) Philadelphia [I would have guessed Memphis or St. Louis but they weren’t among the choices. His estate, Berryland, is located just outside St. Louis.]
3. C) 8 [Duh!]
4. B) Barry Manilow
5. C) 1977
I’m 4 for 5 today. I probably should have known Chuck Berry’s home town.