B.B. King – Nobody Loves Me But My Mother (And She Could Be Jiving Me Too)
Today’s Quote: “We did it so the women would stop complaining.” — ME senior Eustaquio Alfonso Carrillo, explaining why he and a team of engineering students at the University of California, Berkeley designed and built a prototype Hands-Off Toilet.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1.What are BeBe and CeCe Winans real first names? A) Baxter and Cecelia B) Robert and Cynthia C) Benjamin and Priscilla
2. What Marvin Gaye record stayed No. 1 the longest on the R&B charts? A) Heard It Through The Grapevine B) Sexual Healing C) Let’s Get It On
3. Which comedian teamed up with Rick James in the 1985 hit Party All The Time? A) Sinbad B) Richard Pryor C) Eddie Murphy
4. Who is best known for their hit, Wooly Bully? A) Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs B) The Shangrilas C) The Winstons
5. Whose first hit, Chapel of Love, was their biggest hit? A) The Chiffons B) The Dixie Cups C) The Ronettes
Great Truths About Life That Little Children Have Learned
- No matter how hard you try, you can’t baptize cats.
- When your Mom is mad at your dad, don’t let her brush your hair.
- If your sister hits you, don’t hit her back. They always catch the second person.
- Never ask your 3-year-old brother to hold a tomato.
- You can’t trust dogs to watch your food.
- Reading what people write on desks can teach you a lot.
- Don’t sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
- Puppies still have bad breath even after eating a tic tac.
- Never hold a dustbuster and a cat at the same time.
- School lunches stick to the wall.
- You can’t hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
- Don’t wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts. No matter how cute the underwear is.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Benjamin and Priscilla [Who the hell are they and should I care?]
2. B) Sexual Healing [A writer named David Ritz gave Gaye the idea for this. Gaye had a large collection of pornography, to the point that many people felt he was addicted to porn. When he noticed the large collection of pornography, Ritz told Gaye he needed some “Sexual Healing,” and Marvin had him write some words which became the lyrics to the song. Gaye had invited Ritz to Ostend to help write his biography. (Songfacts.com)]
3. C) Eddie Murphy
4. A) Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs [The song starts off with Sam the Sham counting off the tune “one two three four,” in Spanish. They also had a hit with Lil Red Riding Hood. (Songfacts.com)]
5. B) The Dixie Cups [This was written Jeff Barry and Ellie Greenwich. Phil Spector, who produced the song using his heavily-layered “Wall Of Sound” technique, also got a songwriter credit. This was originally recorded in 1963 by The Crystals, a group Spector often worked with. Their version was never issued on an album nor as a single. (Songfacts.com)]
I knew that last two. Now that I think about it, I seem to remember the Eddie Murphy and Rick James video. Obviously, it didn’t make a lasting impression on me. Has Eddie Murphy done anything lately? And I didn’t know Marvin Gaye was a porn addict.