Stevie Ray Vaughn – Life By The Drop
Today’s Quote: “Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.” — Albert Einstein
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. What Roger Miller waltz did Brooks & Dunn cover in 1988 and make No. 1? A) Take Me B) Color of the Blues C) Tender Years
2. What Kenny Rogers song takes place “in a bar in Toledo across from the depot”? A) The Gambler B) Lucille C) Coward of the County
3. Johnny Cash liked this song but let newcomer Henson Cargill record it and it went to No. 1 in 1968. A) A World of Our Own B) None of My Business C) Skip a Rope
4. What song has the lyric, “I spent four days in a brown LA haze and I just want you back by my side.” ? A) Why Don’t We Get Drunk B) He Went to Paris C) Come Monday
5. Who recorded At The Hop? A) The Flamingos B) Danny & the Juniors C) The Five Satins
We had a wonderful time shopping with Abi. She was no trouble at all and very helpful. She had a pretty good time.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. A) Take Me
2. C) Coward of the County
3. C) Skip a Rope
4. C) Come Monday
5. B) Danny & the Juniors [ At The Hop was originally titled Do The Bop. Dick Clark suggested renaming it “At The Hop after Do The Bop. flopped. Changing from “Bop” to “Hop” gave it the pop to put it over the top, and the band later signed with Clark’s Swan Records. (Songfacts.com)]
Only two right today (4 & 5) Danged country music questions anyway. I never liked Coward of the County or Skip a Rope. I’ve always preferred Kenny Rogers’ work when he was with the First Edition.