Bryan Hyland – Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
Today’s Quote: “All bad precedents begin as justifiable measures.” — Julius Caesar (100 BC – 44 BC)
Advertisement in one of my daily tech newsletters:
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
If so, Despair, Inc. has just the kind of products your depressing life needs at www.despair.com.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Which orchestra joined Olivia Newton-John in her song Xanadu? A) The Boston Pops B) The Electric Light Orchestra C) The Australian Symphony
2. Which TV theme song started out “Love, exciting and new, come aboard, we’re expecting you” ? A) Love American Style B) Fantasy Island C) The Love Boat
3. Finish the children’s song, “Oh Señor Don Gato was ________.” A) a cat B) asleep C) went away
4. Who most famously sang How Much Is That Doggy In The Window? A) Doris Day B) Rosemary Clooney C) Patti Page
5. Chad Allan, Bob Ashley, Randy Bachman, Jim Kale, and Garry Peterson were all original members of what band? A) The Guess Who B) Bachman Turner Overdrive C) REO Speedwagon
I heard on the news this morning that Wal-Mart is returning to the Big Easy. That will bring the people back. There may be hope for New Orleans after all.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. B) The Electric Light Orchestra [Xanadu was written for the movie musical of the same name. Newton-John starred in the film with Gene Kelly. The movie was a bomb, but the soundtrack, which contained all songs by Newton-John and The Electric Light Orchestra, was a hit. (Songfacts.com)]
2. C) The Love Boat
3. A) a cat
4. C) Patti Page
5.A) The Guess Who [The band was originally known as Chad Allen & The Expressions. Randy Bachman left the band in 1970 and formed Bachman Turner Overdrive with his brothers Robin (Robbie) and Tim along with C. F. Turner in 1973.]
I’m 5 for 5 today! I figured #3 was a cat since gato is the Spanish word for cat.