The Turtles – So Happy Together
Today’s Quote: “It’s what you do for each other that will make you happy or what you do to each other that will make you unhappy.” — Dr. Willard F. Harley, Jr., Love Busters
The secret is, “Take care of each other.” Or as Bill and Ted put it, “Be excellent to one another.”
Today is a special day and I so wanted it to be special. Then why do I feel more depressed than I have in quite a while? I feel as though the entire weight of the world is on my shoulders and I’m getting too tired to carry it. That’s all I’ve got to say about that.
My medication issue has been resolved. I was able to call and make an appointment for my physical for the 10th, which is a couple days before my medicine would have run out. The doctor can either renew it or get me enough to get by until my regular visit on the 20th. Yay, I can go back to taking my full, recommended dosage. I didn’t take my evening dose last night or Sunday night and my blood pressure was way too high this morning. I don’t know if it was because I missed a couple pills or everything else. It will be good to be back on it, one less thing to worry about.
Obscure Music Trivia Quiz:
1. This group that formed in 1991 is composed of three sisters and a brother from the same family. A) The Cranberries B)The Corrs C) Sixpence None the Richer
2. What kind of bird was a No. 1 hit for Manfred Mann? A) Flamingo B) Blue bird C) Robin
3. Who said this about Elvis Presley, “His kind of music is deplorable, a rancid smelling aphrodisiac.”? A) Frank Sinatra B) Bing Crosby C) Ed Ames
4. Which Shania Twain recording became her best-selling music album ever by a female artist in 1996? A) Come On Over B) That Don’t Impress Me Much C) The Woman in Me
5. Whose 70th birthday party did Whitney Houston sing at in 1988 at Wembley? A) Queen Elizabeth B) Nelson Mandela C) Margaret Thatcher
A Greater Insult
A biker walks into a yuppie bar and shouts, “All lawyers are assholes!” He looks around, obviously hoping for a challenge.
Finally a guy comes up to him, taps him on the shoulder, and says, “Take that back.”
The biker says, “Why? Are you a lawyer?”
“No, I’m an asshole.”
Music Trivia Answers:
1. B)The Corrs
2. A) Flamingo
3. A) Frank Sinatra
4. C) The Woman in Me
5. B) Nelson Mandela
I’m 0 for 5 today.