Procol Harum – Whiter Shade of Pale
Today’s Quote: “If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.” — Robert X. Cringely
An almost static IP address?
As of 6:00 AM this morning I still had the same
pubic public IP address. I still can’t get over that. 6:00 PM, same address. Wow.
I’m able to telnet into FrankenWeb from work but PuTTY won’t connect. Something to do with “Proxy Error: Unable to resolve proxy host name.” I’m not even sure what that error means. It sounds to me like it can’t resolve the name of the proxy server. However, I get the error when I use the proxy server’s IP address. Leave it to the British to state something in English in such a way it’s unintelligible.
I had some problems connecting via FTP where it wouldn’t resolve the directory listing on the server but I figured out the settings in my FTP client. Sometimes Google can be your friend. (Just don’t let it take over your desktop.)
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Which Elton John song made it to No. 2 in 1974 and then went to No. 1 when he recorded it with George Michael in 1992? A) Bennie and the Jets B) Rocket Man C) Don’t Let the Sun Go Down On Me
2. Who was the first female artist to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard album chart? A) Madonna B) Whitney Houston C) Carole King
3. How many songs from the Beatles Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band were released as singles? A) None B) 3 C) 6
4. Which song in Pulp Fiction did Uma Thurman and John Travolta dance the twist to? A) You Can Never Tell B)Lonesome Town C) If Love is a Red Dress
5. Which opera is the musical Rent based on? A) La Boheme B) Carmen C) La Traviata
IMHO – HPATGOF
I finally sat down and watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last night. It was pretty good and sort of stayed true to the main plot points of the book. I think the thing with the house elf after the chaos at the World Cup was important but was omitted. I think Hermione’s efforts to unionize the house elves would have added a little levity. This movie was definitely lacking in humor although I enjoyed Mad-eye Moony turning Malfoy into a ferret. A weasel would have been more appropriate. Oh, I thought the scene with Harry and Moaning Myrtle in the tub was very touching. Over all, it was a dark movie. I guess they’re supposed to do Order of the Phoenix next year. That promises to be interesting.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Don’t Let the Sun Go Down On Me [Carl Wilson and Bruce Johnston of The Beach Boys sang backup. Elton was a big fan of The Beach Boys. Toni Tennille and Daryl Dragon also performed on this. (Songfacts.com)]
2. B) Whitney Houston
3. A) None
4. A) You Can Never Tell
5. A) La Boheme