Clarence Carter – Grandpa Can’t Fly His Kite
Today’s Quote: “Grandpa can’t fly his kite ’cause Grandma won’t give him no tail.” — Clarence Carter, Grandpa Can’t Fly His Kite
After several days of constantly dynamic IP, it was good to get up this morning and find I still had the same pubic IP address that I about eight hours previously. That may not seem significant to most people but when you go though half a dozen IP addresses in the span of a few hours, it’s nice to see some stability.
I checked Microsoft’s Knowledge Base and found that you can reserve any address that’s within the scope of the subnet, even if it’s outside the scope of address the DHCP server dishes out. That’s good to know. I went ahead and created a reservation for Frank N. Webb in Bullwinkle’s DHCP scope. That should give me a little more stability. At least Bullwinkle won’t try to give it a new IP address by accident.
I went through my genealogy pages today and fixed all the html and links (I hope). I haven’t upload them to their respective servers yet. I may as well go an update of the content first. I’m taking a break to eat some dinner (smells good) and watch some TV. I’ll work on uploading and cleaning up throughout the week. By the way, as of 5:30 PM today, I still have the same public IP address.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. What was George Michael’s band on his 80s hits? A) The Mechanics B) World Party C) Wham!
2. Who was born Roberta Joan Anderson in 1943 in Alberta, Canada? A) Joan Baez B) Joni Mitchell C) Janis Joplin
3. Which 28 -year-old singer became the youngest member of the Grand Ole Opry in 1990? A) Garth Brooks B) Randy Travis C) Vince Gill
4. Which Guns N’ Roses album sold over 18 million copies but didn’t become popular until MTV started playing the song Sweet Child ‘O Mine? A) Appetite for Destruction B) Use Your Illusion C) The Spaghetti Incident
5. Which actress is married to Clint Black? A) Veronica Hamel B) Lisa Hartman C) Connie Selleca
An Irish priest is driving down to New York and gets stopped for speeding in Connecticut.
The state trooper smells alcohol on the priest’s breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car. He says, “Sir, have you been drinking?”
“Just water,” says the priest.
The trooper says, “Then why do I smell wine?”
The priest looks at the bottle and says, “Good Lord! He’s done it again!”
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Wham!
3. B) Joni Mitchell [I mentioned this in the answer to a previous trivia question. She was born Nov 7, 1943 in Fort McLeod, Alberta, Canada. Joan Baez was born Jan 9, 1941 in Staten Island, New York. Janis Joplin was born Jan 19, 1943 in Port Arthur, Texas.]
3.A) Garth Brooks
4. A) Appetite for Destruction [Axl Rose wrote Sweet Child ‘O Mine about his girlfriend, Erin Everly, who is the daughter of Don Everly of the Everly Brothers. They married in 1990 but divorced a month later. (Songfacts.com)]
5. B) Lisa Hartman