Bo Carter – Banana In Your Fruit Basket
Today’s Quote: “Unless you try to do something beyond what you have mastered, you will never grow.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Father Murphy walks into a pub in Donegal, and says to the first man he meets, “Do you want to go to heaven?”
The man said, “I do Father.”
The priest said; “Then stand over there against the wall.”
Then the priest asked the second man, “Do you want to go to heaven?”
“Certainly, Father,” was the man’s reply. “Then stand over there against the wall,” said the priest.
Then Father Murphy walked up to O’Toole and said, “Do you want to go to heaven?
O’Toole said, “No, I don’t Father.
The priest said, “I don’t believe this. You mean to tell me that when you die you don’t want to go to heaven?”
O’Toole said, “Oh, when I die, yes. I thought you were getting a group together to go right now.”
FrankenWeb Lives! and has content.
It took some cajoling and tweaking but Adam and I got it working. Since we couldn’t get it to work with a local static IP address and it unexpectedly went and talked to the other DHCP server, I gave it the next best thing. I set up a DHCP reservation for its MAC address. Sometimes, you just got to trick them into doing your bidding.
I moved my MojoReisen content to it and after a bit tweaking some of the HTML, I have those pages being served correctly. I have to remember that Linux is case sensitive and doesn’t like backslashes in directory paths. Tomorrow I’ll rework my genealogy pages and move some of that content over though I think I’ll keep most of it where it is.
Why does my public IP address change so often? I’ve had at least six addresses today. What’s up with that? I’ve got my dynamic DNS update checking every five minutes now. I’m sure they’re not going to like being contacted so often but what can I do? I saw a similar issue on DSL Reports and someone suggested setting the PPPoE to “Keep Alive” instead of “Connect on demand” and changing the MTU from 1492 to 1400. It can’t hurt to try it. It’s getting late but I’ll monitor it tomorrow.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. On the hit song Why Do Fools Fall in Love, what was the name of Frankie Lymon’s band? A) The Persuaders B) The Goody Goodies C) The Teenagers
2. In which movie did Bobby McFerrin’s Don’t Worry Be Happy first appear? A) 10 B) Cocktail C) Beetlejuice
3. Who sang The Morning After, the love theme from The Poseidon Adventure? A) Melissa Manchester B) Mary McGregor C) Maureen McGovern
4. What couple did John Cougar sign about in his 1982 hit? A) Jeff and Colleen B) Sam and Maureen C) Jack and Diane
5. Who fronted the band Brasil ’66? A) Herb Alpert B) Sergio Mendes C) Xavier Cougat
I’m taping the Drawn Together marathon but only watching bits and pieces. I’ve been busy with my web pages. I’d have to say that last week’s episode where they did the role playing for Xandir’s coming out to his parents was the best this season. Next week’s season finale should be interesting.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) The Teenagers
2. B) Cocktail [There were rumors that McFerrin attempted suicide after doing this song, and they are not true. However the rumors became so strong that even to this day people think Bobby is dead. This is untrue, he is alive and well. (Songfacts.com)]
3. C) Maureen McGovern [My favorite version of this song is when Kyle, Stan, Eric, and Kenny sing it backwards at Chef’s wedding to destroy the succubus.]
4. C) Jack and Diane [John Mellencamp wrote this as a tribute to life in the rural working class. It’s about a high school couple falling in love. He recorded it as John Cougar. (Songfacts.com) The hand clapping was originally added to help him keep time and wasn’t intended to be left in. (I read that somewhere.)]
5. B) Sergio Mendes