Robert Cray – Smoking Gun
Today’s Quote: “Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt.” — Mark Twain (1835-1910)
FrankenWeb lives but it has nothing to say yet. I can’t access it from work via telnet/ssh but that could be the company proxy server or firewall blocking it. I can probably live with that. Actually, I’ll have to live with it. I still need to fine tune some configuration files and set up FTP. Since it sits in a Windows network, do I need Samba? What about all that additional disk space I have? I’d like to mirror hdb and hdc. Do I even need them? This is a whole new adventure for me. I have so much to learn and figure out with this thing.
I could have taken the easy route and put Apache on a Windows server. Then it would have worked with a static private IP address, file transfer would have just been drag and drop, it would have been a member of my domain, blah, blah, blah. But what fun would that have been?
It’s March so it’s time to start thinking about springtime projects, particularly finishing last year’s spring projects. I already have a couple of things in mind. Since the baseboards are still off in the dining room I’m going to fix up the walls and repaint. Then I’ll finish the baseboards and trim. I’d like to include the whole laundry area but that would require extensive drywall replacement which would be ruined if the roof leaked. It hasn’t leaked there in a very long time but I know that if I replace that drywall, the roof will leak. I think that should probably wait until the roof is fixed in about five years. It will be at least that long before I have the money to get it fixed. That’s a job I do not want to take on myself; I’d just as soon leave it to a professional. At the same time, it’s going to look like crap if I don’t do something about that drywall. I guess I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Who was the lead singer of the Go-Go’s? A) Carney Wilson B) Sheena Easton C) Belinda Carlisle
2. In The Carpenters’ group, which instrument did Karen Carpenter mostly play? A) Piano B) Drums C) Guitar
3. Who had a No. 1 hit with I’m Easy from the movie, Nashville? A) Ned Beatty B) Henry Gibson C) Keith Caradine
4. Who had a hit in 1977 with Da Doo Ron Ron? A) David Cassidy B) Shaun Cassidy C) Donny Osmond
5. For which movie did singer Cher win a Best Actress Oscar? A) Silkwood B) Witches of Eastwick C) Moonstruck
We’re supposed to get the van back today. That means we have to give the Nissan back; we’ll miss it. With that done, I guess the truck should be next. Hopefully, that won’t cost too much. It needs to be done, I’ve been putting it off for at least six months now.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Belinda Carlisle
2. B) Drums
3. C) Keith Caradine [The Lionel Ritchie song is Easy.]
4. B) Shaun Cassidy [Shaun is David’s younger brother. Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home) was originally recorded by The Crystals in 1963 and produced by Phil Spector. (Songfacts.com)]
5. C) Moonstruck