Howlin’ Wolf – Built for Comfort
Today’s Quote: “Hell is paved with good samaritans.” — William M. Holden
I still haven’t reconfigured the DSL multi-purpose device. The instructions they gave me didn’t match anything I was seeing when I went to the URLs they gave me. I think I’ve figured it out but I’ll wait for their response. I’ll probably do it tonight. I can’t connect to my Windows servers via telnet either. I’ve got Linux and Windows versions of a GNU VNC program. That might work. I’ve also found a freeware telnet/ssh client that might be useful.
I’ve been hearing things about the Oscars. When is that supposed to be? I wonder if any movies I’d actually want to see are up for any awards. Movies I like are rarely nominated for awards. Any movies about gay cowboys eating pudding up for any awards?
I’ve also been hearing about something called March madness. What’s up with that? It sounds like some sort of temporary insanity that I’d just as soon not deal with. I have enough trouble with my usual year-round psychoses; I don’t need a special month for it.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Kurt Cobain was a member of which band? A) Stone Temple Pilots B) Pearl Jam C) Nirvana
2. Who was the first female solo performer to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame? A) Patsy Cline B) Loretta Lynn C) Minnie Pearl
3. Who shot and killed Marvin Gaye? A) His brother B) His father C) His wife
4. Who sang I Wanna Dance with Somebody? A) Madonna B) Donna Summer C) Whitney Houston
5. Who had an 80s No. 1 hit with La Bamba? A) Alabama B) Mr. Mister C) Los Lobos
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is supposed to be out on DVD today. Happy, happy, joy, joy!
From the previews, tomorrow night’s Drawn Together looks like it could be pretty good.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Nirvana
2. A) Patsy Cline
3. B) His father
4. C) Whitney Houston
5. C) Los Lobos [They were a Mexican band who covered the Ritchie Valens song for the 1987 movie of the same name. A lot of people complained that Los Lobos was singing it wrong because their Spanish pronunciation was better than Valens’ who didn’t speak Spanish. (Songfacts.com)]