David Allen Coe – Itty Bitty Titties
Today’s Quote: “Christian fundamentalists believe that human beings were divinely created in the image of God. But many religious fundamentalists also believe that some parts of the human body are inherently indecent and evil.” — Progress Report article
That wardrobe malfunction thing just won’t die. It gets beaten into the ground and it keeps coming back up for more. It seems to be the Rodney King of social issues. I read that the FCC is going to announce that it will up hold its $550,000 fine of CBS for unintentionally airing the boob that shook Amerika. Personally, in the coverage of the event that I saw, I was much more offended by Kid Rock wearing the American flag as a poncho, which by the way, is a federal crime. Another beating can be found in The Awesome Power of Breasts Revisited. Be warned, it contains a picture of a very dangerous pair of boobs.
Theoretically, FrankenWeb is pretty much ready to be hoisted up and be charged by a bolt of lightening (figuratively speaking, of course). The drives have been installed and connected. The video card and the NIC are in place. I can’t find any bezels for the external bays that fit. I guess there’s always duct tape. I have my Linux distribution burned to CD. I’m getting so excited I could just pee myself.
I’ve changed the configuration on my DSL modem/router/switch/WAP so it’s the only gateway on my network and it doesn’t dish out IP addresses. Everything seems to be working although the router’s graphic interface shows the laptop I use to VPN into work as offline when it’s not. It shows the laptop as having a 169.x.x.x public address when it, in fact, has a private address assigned by my DHCP server. The laptop was attached directly to the router when I changed the router configuration and it’s not a member of my domain. The router doesn’t even know about the domain. It’s one of those things that just bugs the crap out of me. Everything gets out to the Internet and the domain members can all talk to each other, share files, etc so I guess I can live with that one small annoyance.
Music Trivia Quiz:
Today’s quiz begins our brief excursion into the Twilight Zone where they have both kinds of music – Country and Western. (No points will be deducted for wrong answers and if you do know the answers, more power to ya.)
1. Which pop act has not had a Top Forty country hit? A) The Pointer Sisters B) The Bee Gees C) Billy Joel
2. Which of these singing pairs were also husband and wife. A) David Frizzell & Shelly West B) George Jones & Tammy Wynette C) Jim Ed Brown & Helen Cornelius
3. Which singing cowboy wrote the song Here Comes Santa Claus (right down Santa Claus Lane)? A) Gene Autry B) Tex Ritter C) Roy Rogers
4. Glen Campbell co-starred in which film with John Wayne? A) The Shootist B) Rooster Cogburn C) True Grit
5. Chet Atkins and Kenny Chesney are from this same town in eastern Tennessee. A) Luttrell B) Maryville C) Corryton
In addition to giving up soda (pop, cola, whatever), I’ve decided to make Lent more challenging by attempting to give up cursing. I’m not doing nearly as well with that as I am with the colas.
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Billy Joel [I guess he had the good sense not to go for it.]
2. B) George Jones & Tammy Wynette [I remember when Porter Wagoner & Dolly Parton were married to each other and had a TV show. The show was sponsored by a laundry detergent called Breeze, which included a towel in every box. During the commercials, Dolly would pull a towel out of the box and say, “Lookee here, Portah!” It was hysterical.]
3. A) Gene Autry
4. C) True Grit
5.. A) Luttrell