B. B. King – Sweet Sixteen
Today’s Quote: “Pretty Girls make people happy” — Colleen Coover, Small Favors
[And all this time I though it was Hooters that made one happy. Maybe it’s the pretty girls at Hooters.]
Twenty-seven days and counting as I ride on the clueless express to our anniversary. I’m sure I’ll think of something but how do you top the McDonald’s Anniversary? I guess there’s always Wendy’s.
What am I giving up for Lent?
I don’t smoke, drink, gamble, or partake in any of the traditional vices. What is there in my monastic lifestyle that I can give up for Lent? I’m sure something will be sacrificed. Today I learned that carnival is Latin for “farewell to meat.” I have no intention of giving up meat. I’d rather starve! Oh, wait a minute. If I gave up meat, I probably would starve. I’m sure someone will determine for me what I am to give up.
Music Trivia Quiz:
1. Who sang along with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around? A) Pat Benetar B) Melissa Ethridge C) Stevie Nicks
2. Who portrayed Dolly Parton’s boyfriend in the video about her song Romeo? A) Billy Ray Cyrus B) Vince Gill C) Clint Black
3. What was the name of the band that Vince Gill was a part of before he launched his solo career? A) Alabama B) Travelling Wilburys C) Pure Prairie League
4. For which rock group does Flea play bass guitar? A) U2 B) Red Hot Chili Peppers C) Pearl Jam
5. Which member of R.E.M. left the band in 1997? A) Mike Mills B) Bill Berry C) Peter Buck
6. Which country singer was known as “The Silver Fox”? A) Charlie Rich B) Kenny Rogers C) Roger Miller
Two goldfish were in their tank. One turns to the other and says, “You man the guns, I’ll drive.”
Music Trivia Answers:
1. C) Stevie Nicks [Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around trivia can be found at Songfacts.com. There was a parody of this called Stop Draggin’ My Car Around.]
2. A) Billy Ray Cyrus
3. C) Pure Prairie League
4. B) Red Hot Chili Peppers
5. B) Bill Berry
6. A) Charlie Rich